The April 5, 2012 episode of “The Talk” had beauty expert Jamie Krell. She showed off some of the best new products for getting gorgeous!
Jamie says the entire line “Works wonders for the skin”. She showed off their Peptide Infused Antioxidant Serum. It has 15 antioxidant rich fruits. She claims this makes it clinically proven to be 300% more potent than any other brand right now.
To get those coveted loose, Beachy Waves, she recommended the José Eber Trio Multi-Barrel Curling Iron Set with interchangeable barrels.
Jamie says she does not leave home without this; and all women need it in their beauty bag. Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer. (P.S. whenever a makeup artist sees my makeup bag, they always seem to notice the primer and say something about how all women should use primer). It will smooth skin and prep it for foundation. Your makeup will have extra staying power!
Claiming it will keep you slim, she suggests trying Rodial Skincare Tummy Tuck Gel. She claims you can lose up to 1 inch in 8 weeks. Hmmm, wonder if that is true?
Reduce and eliminate wrinkles and give an overall youthful look with the LightStim Tool for Wrinkles. This red-light producing tool is actually FDA cleared.
Except for the Smashbox primer, these tools seem kind of pricey, but no one said getting gorgeous was cheap!
So today I went to Sephora to pick up a few things….. and I was so happy when they told me it was a VIB event, today only, where I saved 15% off everything! Wooo HOoo! So I did end up getting a few more things that I went there for, but I am definitely happy with my haul today. I never got any email about this (although the salesgirl assured me that at least 3 emails had gone out regarding it, several other people in line said they didn’t receive any emails about it either). So…. expect some more product reviews coming your way really soon!
Here is my Haul….. did I mention I got a big bag of samples and an umbrella?!
My Sephora Haul
I love it when you go to buy something, and you get an extra bonus off!
My Beauty Booty Loot:
- Phyto 9 Nourishing Day Cream with 9 Plans for Ultra-Dry Hair. Post-winter hair is unhappy :(
- Bumble and Bumble Mending Shampoo and Mending Conditioner. Again, post winter hair is unhappy. Hopefully I can get a trim to get rid of the really damaged ends and this will take care of the rest of my hair!
- Bliss Starter Set – Triple Oxygen. Contains travel sizes of “Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam, Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask (which I have ALWAYS wanted to try!), “Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Gel, and Triple Oxygen +C Energizing Cream. Because my hair isn’t the only winter casualty… my skin has taken a beating as well!
- “The Original BeautyBlender” makeup sponge – I need to blend better
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil. I hope this lives up to the hype, I only got the small bottle (15 mL/.5 fl oz.) But we will see if it seems to work….
- Murad Acne Spot Treatment. Just to have on hand.
- Tarte Beauty and the Box – Amazonian clay eye shadow quad and Lights, Camera, Lashes! mini-mascara. I will have no shortage of mascaras to review! I also needed some brown everyday shadows. These look a bit shimmery, but I think they’ll work! and finally….
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Fair. I was torn between getting Fair and getting Light, but I decided to go with Fair (the lighter one) and I can always get another one in Light come summer when my skin tans a bit. I had wanted to try the Too Faced BB cream, but they were all out of the light colours. Trying the sample, it did seem a bit shimmery though, so maybe the smashbox one is better to try first!
My samples packet contained:
- Sephora Full Action – Extreme Effect Mascara
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash – Extra Black Mascara
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo and Thickening Conditioner samples
- Perfume Sample – Viva La Juicy
- Perfume Sample – BCBGMAXAZRIA
- Givenchy Mister Light – Instant Light Corrective Pen sample. This one is on since it says it is a pen, the picture is of a pen, except it is in a little packet. Weird :)
When I checked my email later that night, I HAD received an email from Sephora regarding their “Chic Week” from March 30 – April 5. Weird, since when I was in the store they said it was a “Today Only!” type of thing. But whatever :) Maybe VIB’s got an advanced day before regular Beauty Insiders did?
Did you get to participate in the “Chic Week” event? What did you get???
BB Creams, aka Beauty Balms, are the new buzz word of the beauty industry, at least here in North America. They have been popular in Asian countries for some time, then became popular in Europe, and now are here. They were originally developed to help regenerate and protect the skin of patients who had undergone laser treatments.
Many creams now are used as a type of foundation, with some claiming to cover blemishes, improve skin texture, and/or reduce acne scars; all while blending imperceptibly onto the skin for even skin tone with a satiny finish. Used both as a skincare treatment and foundation at the same time.
Rather thick in texture, and they often contain plenty of silicones to achieve that satiny finish. And because they are usually highly pigmented, they even out skin tone temporarily, while being almost unnoticeable. They are often recommended for acne prone and sensitive skins.
The creams being released now are touted as being “all-in-one” products (primer, foundation, sunscreen, moisturizer, blemish control, etc.) eliminating the need for a drawer full of separate products.
Many magazines have been talking about them, including:
InStyle (March 2012) -
“Popular in Asia, BB products (the initials typically stand for beauty balm or blemish balm) are “like multifunctional tinted moisturizers,” says Great Neck, N.Y., dermatologist Jeannette Graf. In other words, they usually contain skin-treatment ingredients such as antioxidants and UV filters while offering sufficient coverage. Many also have light-reflecting goodies such as mica. “They can help even out skin tone without being as heavy as some foundations,” adds N.Y.C. makeup artist Troy Surratt.”
Cosmopolitan (April 2012) -
“TREND ALERT – A New Sexy Skin Weapon …. BB creams (short for beauty balms) are like tinted moisturizers – except they do way more (like fade spots and fine lines, reduce redness, and protect with SPF). And each comes in just one or two sheer shades that fit all tones (easy!)”.
(Just beware that since these were made for an Asian market, sometimes these creams tend towards lighter colours!)
Allure (February 2012) -
“Two-in-one products seem sadly unambitious when you consider BB creams (short for beauty or blemish balm), a makeup and skin-care hybrid that treats, protects, primes, conceals, and covers in one tube. Developed by a German dermatologist in the 1950s, BB creams later gained a cult following in Asia and are now hitting the U.S. “It’s a twist on tinted moisturizer – these creams hydrate and tint but also contain active ingredients to treat skin, plus antioxidants and broad-spectrum sun protection,” says dermatologist Jeannette Graf. “They’re good for the person who only wants to put on one thing.” “
Some popular BB Creams:
Boscia BB Cream
Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream